12.18.2009

Letters: "Freeloading, DIY, etc."

Uh, forgot to thank you the first time for the article. I'm a 30-year-old dude that teaches full-time in order to support my other full-time job as a musician/label owner. Since I found a career that I love and want to do for the rest of my life, I haven't stressed about making a profit from performing or releasing music, but I do hope to come close to breaking even
someday. I'm often frustrated by music journalism, because until I read your article, I hadn't come across one piece of music "biz" writing that treated small-scale music-makers like myself with any respect.

There's a lot more I could say, but you obviously already understand. Please keep on spreading the good word - most people under 26 (or so) have no idea about the economics behind music making, and no other writers seem to care.

No comments:

Post a Comment